You are Fit & Capable: 40 Positive Exercise Affirmations
Updated: Oct 10
Have you ever just absolutely dreaded getting out of bed to do a workout?
You better have answered that question with a yes, because I'd have a hard time believing you if you told me that you've never had one of those days!
And no one here is blaming you— it's hard to stay motivated for exercise all the time, and that's completely okay.
Some days as a pro runner I would feel this way, but really have no choice but to get my butt up and go to practice. Now if things were really serious, I would try to take the day off or do a lighter day.
Mental health needs to come first if you want to succeed!
But on some of the other not-so-motivated days, I've relied heavily on my collection of positive workout quotes and affirmations. I've gotta keep it on deck at all times.
It's just part of human nature for doubt to creep in from time to time.
But learning how to use positive affirmations to remind yourself how great and powerful you are can help beat those down days!
This post is really just a simple list of positive affirmations that you can use to stay motivated and focused on bettering yourself and building your healthy lifestyle.
A Giant List Of Fitness Affirmations
Use these self affirmations for exercise for some good vibes pre or post workout!
I love to jot them down in my planner pages or write them on fitness affirmation cards that I can carry around with me.
Even having them around me when I'm not necessarily about to workout or just coming back from the gym is amazing. Most of these fitness affirmations are great reminders no matter what you're doing that it's all about the journey and that you're doing the best you can.
Read on for the list of self affirmations for exercise and then some details about whether affirmations work and how to actually use them.
Pre Workout Affirmations:
1. I am going to give my all to this workout.
2. I am fit and resilient.
3. I am not a quitter. I got this.
4. I am strong.
5. I am fierce and confident in the pursuit of my goals.
6. I should work hard, but I deserve rest too.
7. Exercise makes me feel good.
8. This feeling of nervousness is actually excitement.
9. When I workout I look better, but I feel better too.
10. I choose to exercise for me.
11. The possibilities for me are endless.
12. I can choose how this workout will go.
13. I am perfect now and I will be perfect after this workout.
14. I am capable of showing up.
Post Workout Affirmations:
1. Today I became stronger.
2. That workout sucked, but it made me better.
3. There's a lesson in every workout we do.
4. I am motivated and capable of living an active life.
5. You reap the rewards of your hard work.
6. The harder I work, the luckier I'll get.
7. I absolutely killed that workout.
8. Today I took steps at becoming a better version of myself.
9. I eat enough to fuel my body.
10. I give my body the recovery it needs.
11. Even if the workout wasn't perfect, it was enough.
12. I love my amazing body!
13. I am so grateful for my body and my resilient mind.
General Wellness Affirmations:
1. Sweating is good for my body to release toxins and stress.
2. My body is my home and I will take care of it.